Saturday, June 7, 2008

LIFE COULDN'T BE CRAZIER!

Well, here's a quick update on our house situation.

We are SO blessed to have sold our home so quickly, and to someone who's dying to get in. Her agent has called our agent about 3 times this past week to ask if there's anyway to move up the closing..which we could do IF we found another house.

Speaking of finding another house...we've spent probably 25 hours physically looking at homes in the last 8 days and about that much looking at homes on the internet (the links that our realtor sends us). We've walked close to 30 homes. 2 or 3 would do if they had to....2 or 3 would really work for us but are stretching our budget...and we're the type of people to live below our means and don't like being stretched!

We did write an offer on a house on Thursday..it's a foreclosure so would need some minor fixing up -but for the price we could do ALOT of fixing up and still be way under budget.

The bank is probably going to wait until Monday or Tuesday to see how many offers they get and how high they can get people to offer. So we wait. We don't have our hopes up too high..but we're praying. We fully trust God in this. HE sold our home in just 35 days in a market that's taking people months & months to sell....so if this house is to be ours, He'll make it so. And if it's not, it just means "our" house is still waiting for us to find it.
Please pray for us in this -that the Lord would make His will clear on which house is to be ours...of course, we'd like for the one we offered on to be "it"! :)

We decided to take this weekend off of "hunting". There are a few homes we could go see, but we're honestly just flat out exhausted. I'm now sick..not sure with what, but I'm SURE it has to do with all the stress we've been under the last 8 days. I just took a 2 hour nap and I haven't napped that long since I don't know when!

John's mom is visiting us this weekend...which is actually great timing. She was able to keep the kids occupied last night as our loan officer came and met with us last night (at our home no less -can you say "above and beyond service"?!) and with me feeling under the weather, it's been nice to have her spend time with the kids while I rest.

I haven't posted photos of the kids in so long -so here are lots from the last week or so!
the pics below are at our neighborhood park -and actually were taken during the hour we were out of our house when our buyer was viewing it..little did we know she'd like it so much!
oh -and there's a bit of a green tint cuz the playground has a giant green awning over it to keep it shady! :)







I decided to try out some features of our picture software.:)
















Andrew and Becca started swim lessons this past week. They have them every day for the month of June. Elizabeth and I will do the "mommy & me" class the 16th-27th...am interested to know how that will go considering she screamed for a good 15 minutes the one time we swam at my sister's pool. :)
note -it's Andrew and 4 little girls. :)




8 comments:

Catherine said...

So happy that your home sold so quickly. Praying you find the one God has planned for you to move to soon.

Fun pics at the park. What a great idea for it to have a sun shade over it!

The pic of Elizabeth winking is adorable!

Cara said...

Congratulations on a quick sale! I'll be praying that you find your perfect house soon! The kids pictures are so cute!

Michelle said...

That is such a positive way to look at the home buying process! God has it all figured out for you! Cute photos!!

Davene said...

I loved seeing all these pictures! Since I don't know you and am new to your blog(s), it was really fun to see so many great pictures of your kids and sense a little more of their personalities through them.

Your Andrew reminds me of my oldest son Josiah so much!!! I'm not sure if they really look similar or not, but something about Andrew screams (in a good way) JOSIAH to me! :)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Looks wonderful! I'm glad you sold your house! Now, if you could just find "the" house!!!!

Jenn said...

Praying that you find your house soon!!

Love all the pictures of the kids! They all look so happy!! :o) Ahhhh...summer!!

Robin said...

Wow.. I can't believe how fast your home sold. I'll be praying that the right house shows itself either through acceptance of an offer or just shows up for you soon.

LOVE the pics of the kids. E is really filling out. Love that wink. As always, R and A are adorable too!

Wendy said...

The pictures are great! I hope you are feeling better and the stress of three little ones and moving subsides soon.

 

  © Blog Design by Blogs For BabiesClick Here for your new Design! 2007

Back to TOP