Thursday, September 11, 2008

THE LAST FEW DAYS

I can't believe it's already Thursday. The days are literally flying by. I'm on my feet doing something from 6am-10pm with hardly a break...though I do take 5 here and there to do email or check a blog or 2. :) "Regular" life takes up most of my day..and what used to be "down time" is now "unpack another box and try to put the contents away" time.

Anyway-here's a little snippet of the last few days at our house:
Tuesday, all 3 kids had dentist appointments. Elizabeth doesn't get a cleaning, just looked at for cavities. The same happened back in March but I had to let her have an appt this time too b'cuz she is SO into doing whatever Andrew and Becca do she would have just been so upset if she hadn't had a turn in the dentist's chair. :) Plus, our insurance totally covers it so we don't have to pay a dime AND with her facial deformities, we're glad the dentist can keep an eye on her jaw line (that will need to be surgically lengthened in a few years, before we start having ear surgeries)

In front of the house...notice Becca's baby cradle? :) she decided Andrew's football helmet made for a great baby carrier. :)
Elizabeth just HAD to be a part of the action! With everything she saw the other 2 getting done she'd ask "my turn? my turn?" The hygenists and dentist got a big kick out of her. :)


Andrew naps in his big boy room everyday..well, he doesn't nap -I just send him in there to rest and usually 1 out of 5 days he'll nap. Anyway, the last 2 days Elizabeth has asked to nap in Andrew's bed...she is so proud of herself for sleeping in a "big bed". It won't be hard at all to transition her full time into that bed! yay!
notice anything different? yep-a pool fence. finally. our backyard is absolutely stunning..the previous owners went all out making it resort-like...but they had older kids and so did not have a pool fence. The 2 doors leading to the backyard have double handles on them -here you can either have a fence or the double handles -1 low and 1 high and both have to be turned in order to open the door...thus making it impossible for littles to open it....but that isn't optimal for us. Not having a fence meant we couldn't let the kids go outside if we weren't right there with them. And even then, you can't see the pool from the grass area very well. So, even though it totally breaks up the beauty of the patio/pool area -we had a fence installed.

Now, with the cooler weather approaching, I can let the kids run and play outside without worrying every minute if they're OK.




Last, but not least, here are my kids dancing to one of their favorite YouTube videos right now. :) You can see the video HERE and if you have littles, I'd highly recommend you do so. :)
take a note at how little rhthym my kids have..and then make sure you notice Elizabeth's version of break-dancing!

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

Thank you for bring joy to my day...I love the video of the kids dancing!!! Oh and Becca's baby carrier...GREAT!!!

Robin said...

I just love Elizabeth's grin! I can't believe how much more like a little girl and little man Becca and Andrew look. They just grow to fast I tell you. I need to get Maddy to a dentist soon. She is funny about letting you look in her mouth so I've been waiting until she was closer to 3. Perhaps I'll show her what a big girl "E" is! :0)

Katrina said...

I love the dance!!! They all are the cutest!!! Now it is my turn to dance lol... KJ

Davene said...

I am SO GLAD to see that pool fence! After our recent scare with Josiah, I think the pool fence is gorgeous. :) Not that Josiah's incident happened because there wasn't a pool fence, but still--I'm way more cautious around water than I used to be.

Elizabeth is so cute to be wanting to have a dentist appointment because her big brother and sister do! :)

Don and Be said...

Lots of action at your place! Keep on keepin' on!

Elise said...

They look absolutely adorable all together! Love that Elizabeth wants to be just like her brother and sister!

I think a fence would make me feel a lot less nervous too! Your yard still looks beautiful!

 

  © Blog Design by Blogs For BabiesClick Here for your new Design! 2007

Back to TOP