
After waiting nearly 2 years we left from our home airport to San Francisco....


to Beijing!

the Siberian coastline from WAY up high. :)
I won't bore you with day by day details of the next 4 days as we waited to finally meet Elizabeth..but I'll just post some highlights -in pictures. :)

look at that smile!!!


this little guy was new to PHF -look how sad he looks.

both of these pics are of Joy TingTing. We ADORE her. If we could bring her home tomorrow-we would. Her paperwork hasn't even been started..and she will turn 4 in January. Please pray that her originating SWI will start her paperwork so this PRECIOUS little girl can have a chance at a family.


this is Abby. We've sponsored her since late '06 and she is a doll baby! She was the only child we sponsor that we were able to meet -the others had been adopted out!

see the little girl at the top of the pic in a white onesie with red trim? That is Shia...now Kate -who is right now with her forever family -my dear dear friends!!!! We had no idea when we were meeting Shia/Kate, that we were going to be meeting my friend's daughter -to be referred to them 7 months later! You can follow their story thru
THIS link.

these next 2 were taken in a small village just outside of Beijing where my sweet
Friend and her hubby serve at another foster home.





I don't think the following pics ever got posted while we were in China because they were taken the morning of November 4th....we got a private tour of Tiannamen Square and the Forbidden City because we had an early flight to catch to Fuzhou -in order to meet Elizabeth that afternoon. :)

Tiannamen Square facing the Forbidden City

looking at what I think are Gov't buildings bordering T. Square

see that 2nd to last line? FUZHOU -are flight carrying us on our last leg to meet Elizabeth HuiLing!
Check back on Wednesday for our 1 year anniversary of Elizabeth Day!
7 comments:
Oh I remember that day so well!! SOMEBODY ( I will NOT name names..or should I just say "not me"!) woke you up at 5 a.m. to chat!! It was such an exciting time. I remember being glued to the computer every morning. Can't wait to see the rest of your celebration. I hope the dress gets there in time.
~Lynn
Can't wait to see the pics!
Hi
What great pictures - what exciting times - can't wait to meet you and your family. Have a great trip to LA.
Sheri
I can't believe it's been a year already! It was such a blessing to be able to follow your journey to China and I'm excited to re-live those moments with you in the coming days! Thanks for posting the pictures (I still can't get over the fact that you guys were there with Kate...we serve an AMAZING God!!!)
Congrats on a wonderful year together.
I cannot believe how quickly that time has gone!
It's hard to believe a whole year has gone by isn't it. Sorry I missed your actual day. I'm hoping we finally have a "fix" to our computer issues. Anyway, hope everyone is doing well.
Can't believe it's been a year, either! I still remember when we were both waiting to hear if we were matched on that list. I can't wait for us to meet and get the girls together someday (loooong commute for that playdate, but I'm sure it'd be fun, especially since M learned to say "MINE!" =P).
Post a Comment