would you take a moment and consider popping over to THIS SITE to read about
the Swap It! weekend challenge?
for $.14 you can provide a meal for someone starving in Uganda today. There is an urgent food shortage going on right now. If you follow the links on Tom Davis' blog (the site highlighted in yellow above), you'll read that there are people eating 1 meal a week.
yes, you read that correctly.
1 meal a week.
maybe 1 meal every 4-5 days.
can you imagine?
can you imagine only being able to feed your child 1 meal a day? let alone 1 a week?
I simply cannot.
The Challenge for the Weekend (or if you're reading this Monday, it can be your "Monday Challenge" :) ) is to take the $ you were going to spend on something and donate it to Children's Hope Chest in order to feed some very hungry Ugandans.
I was going to splurge today and head to St*rb*cks to get a chai latte.
I'm taking that $4 and sending it to Uganda to serve 28 meals.
for $.14 you can provide a meal for someone starving in Uganda today. There is an urgent food shortage going on right now. If you follow the links on Tom Davis' blog (the site highlighted in yellow above), you'll read that there are people eating 1 meal a week.
yes, you read that correctly.
1 meal a week.
maybe 1 meal every 4-5 days.
can you imagine?
can you imagine only being able to feed your child 1 meal a day? let alone 1 a week?
I simply cannot.
The Challenge for the Weekend (or if you're reading this Monday, it can be your "Monday Challenge" :) ) is to take the $ you were going to spend on something and donate it to Children's Hope Chest in order to feed some very hungry Ugandans.
I was going to splurge today and head to St*rb*cks to get a chai latte.
I'm taking that $4 and sending it to Uganda to serve 28 meals.
28 meals seems like a much better return for my $$ than 1 drink.
I challenge you.
What can YOU swap this weekend in order to feed someone?
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing the information on the site. I donated $20. That's what we spent on eating out for lunch today. Tomorrow we'll have PB&J and be very thankful that we can fill our boys' bellies every time they are hungry.
Thanks for bringing this to everyone's attention! We work with Tom Davis in getting food to various African nations. Check out our web site. :)
www.achildshopeintl.org or go to www.kidsagainsthunger.org
Post a Comment