Saturday, September 12, 2009

MY LITTLE SOCCER MAN

before we left for his first game

Andrew is the 3rd from the left -don't they look so tiny out there?!


Today was Andrew's 1st soccer game of the Fall season.

He was SO excited. :)

We were excited too....except....it was 105 today.

and his game was 11am-noon.

IT WAS HOT.

those poor kids were so red and sweaty

us parents were pretty sweaty too. :)

I think it should be illegal to make little kids play outdoor sports in this weather!

His next few games are much earlier in the morning (like 8 and 9am) and then it will start cooling off -like into the 90's :) -so mid-day games won't be so terrible.

His team won today...which made hanging outside in 105 degree heat much more fun. :)

**a quick note about the first pic of him....we ran outside before heading off to the game so I could take a few quick pics. I picked out the place and Andrew said "don't worry mom, I know just the right way to pose"...and he did! I didn't pose him in his "soccer pose". :) he did it himself! *sigh* -he's growing up so fast. **

6 comments:

Pam said...

Awwwww! So sweet!

Katrina said...

O yeah very handsome soccer man!!! Good luck Andrew!!! Katrina

Robin said...

UGH.. I cannot even imagine watching let alone playing soccer in temperatures that hot. Whew!!

You all better bring sweatshirts, jeans, jackets etc when you come to Ohio.. You are gonna freeze. (today's high.. 77)

awaitingmissemily said...

Too sweet. Love the soccer pose. They grow up way too fast!!

Davene said...

105? Whew! That makes me grateful for the cool hint of fall we've been feeling in the air these days. I wouldn't want to trade weather with you! Of course, when February rolls around, I'd be glad to swap. ;)

Jill said...

Oh Andrew is so cute! But in 105 degrees? Our kids aren't allowed outside at daycare at that temp - well, not that we hit it, but I think mid-upper 90s is the cutoff. You're making me think of GZ and how miserable it was there. Hope you carry a misting bottle! What a devoted mom!

 

  © Blog Design by Blogs For BabiesClick Here for your new Design! 2007

Back to TOP