This post has been swirling around in my head for a few days now and after our last 24 hours, I just have to share.
About 2 weeks ago I posted here that we were adopting from Ethiopia. Along with this blog post, I emailed our friends and family to share the news of our upcoming adoption as well as to inform them we were having a garage sale this coming Saturday, 10/31.
John and I were hesitant to even have a garage sale but thought we'd at least give it a whirl. As of yesterday, one of the stalls of our 3 car garage was completely full....so John is going to be parking our Yuk*on in the driveway so we can organize and expand into a 2nd stall of the garage.
Just today my sister called to say a friend of hers (and they're aquaintances of mine too) had some things for our sale and to give them a call so we could pick the stuff up. I just got off the phone with the gal and she said she was with a group of friends this weekend and one mentioned she had a pile of things she was taking to go*od *will...another said the same thing....so our friend mentioned "hey, I have a friend having a garage sale to benefit orphans in Ethiopia...would you want to donate your stuff to that?".
Guess what? they're bringing their things to us too!
And last night, we got home from our neighborhood's Hall*oween Carnival to find several boxes of things on our doorstep. Later found out they were from some new friends of ours from church....donating them to our garage sale too. You know the neatest thing? They are just a few weeks ahead of us in the Ethiopian adoption process. And yet they were selfless enough to donate to our endeavor.
AND -As if this wasn't enough, last night I placed a large order for coffee and cocoa at 963 Coffee. If you look at our blog -the upper left hand corner -there is a button for 963 Coffee (and cocoa). We became "affiliates" and a portion of every order will be given back to us and we will in turn, be giving that $ to YWAM's Ethiopian Adoption Ministry. We had several friends and family contact me, wanting to order coffee and cocoa thru our affiliation with 963 Coffee. What a HUGE blessing.
I am in awe and humbled at what He is doing.
Sunday, October 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey,
I was just going to email you and see if you had a button I could put on my blog for your coffee thing. I can do it without putting a country on it.
I'm getting ready to order some too. Let me know if you have a button I can use.
Wonderful! Just wonderful!
I'm glad that 963 Coffee logo is working out after you dorked up the computer trying to download it to the desktop. I think I'll consider the anguish I experienced over that "suffering for the cause of Christ". Love you honey.
-husband
Post a Comment