Wednesday, March 10, 2010

PRAISING GOD-SIGHS OF RELIEF

We are praising God for 2 "sighs of relief" today.
1. Just today Ethiopia instituted a new rule for adoptive familes -effective immediately. Both adoptive parents must appear before the judge on the given court date.

Families that have appointments next week will be required to show up or have their date post-poned.
We feel so protected that our case was heard and approved last week...and finalized Monday.



2. We just received the "report" from an appointment Elizabeth had about a month ago.
We spent about an hour having various doctors look at and evaluate her -figuring out when to start her surgeries. Her first surgery will be Jaw Distraction. Her surgeon speculated we may need to start the surgeries (she has at least 8 ahead of her between jaw and ear) this coming Fall.

The report states they want to wait 12 months and then re-evaluate at that point. Mainly, the wait is because she is still so tiny!
Praising God for this delay. I know she needs the surgeries...but we were worried that having surgery so soon after having her brothers come home might be really tough on her.

We are feeling awfully blessed this evening!

7 comments:

awaitingmissemily said...

God is so good!! Congrats on passing court. Great "smiles!!"

Jeanette said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe that new rule. Praising God with you that you passed court before that went in to place. I feel so bad for the families now who will be negatively affected by that.

God's timing is always perfect and I'm so glad that the doctors have come up with a time frame for E's surgeries that will work well for your family.

Pam said...

God is GOOD!

Meliski said...

Was thinking of you guys after I read the email.

Sigh

Bad news for us. But I am so happy for you guys.

:)

Chris and Sarah said...

Wow, I'm so glad God worked out the timing for you.

Jason Addink said...

We are devastated by the new rule. We have no idea how we will swing two trips (leaving our kids twice and the extra travel expense.) Our agency has not stated that it is true and at this point is calling it a rumor on the yahoo chat group. I PRAY it is not true.

BUT we are thrilled for you guys and are glad you have good news about Elizabeth.

Paige

http://rileygracebublitz.blogspot.com said...

Jeanette

I have not blogged in so long! I am usually not up at this hour and Riley is waiting for me in the am. (:

So excited to follow your journey.

 

  © Blog Design by Blogs For BabiesClick Here for your new Design! 2007

Back to TOP