It's just after 6am and all the kids are still asleep....in just a few minutes I'll go wake everyone up. Elizabeth cannot have anything to eat or drink this morning, so all the kids will just put their clothes on, make their beds and then we head to grandma and grandpa's. The 3 oldest will just eat breakfast there to make it easier on Elizabeth. :) On Saturday, Elizabeth, Becca, and I took a little pre-surgery class and tour. They had a little video explaining the general process of surgery so a kid could understand, showed them what the IV will look like, what the anesthesia mask will look and feel like, etc etc. This hospital has really gone the extra mile in making this as good an experience as possible. The kids get to pick out what flavor they want their "sleepy medicine" to smell like, what mode of transportation they will use to get back to the OR (wagon, little car, or just walk), they get to choose 1 toy (or blankie) to have with them in the OR, etc etc. Since Elizabeth will be on a soft food diet for at least a day, we already ran to the store to get go-gurts, pudding, and jell-o! She went to bed last night declaring "tomorrow is my special day!" I hope she's in as cheerful a spirit in about 5 hours! :) off to wake up 4 sleeping kiddos and get our day underway.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Prayed for your precious girl and her precious family!xo
I'm so glad that what turned out to be a complex process seems to be working out. We'll say a prayer for her!
Hi, Jeanette!
Thanks so much for checking up on me! :)
I'm eager to read your next update; but until then, I'll keep praying for Elizabeth and for all of you. I hope all went well!!
Hey Jeanette,
Wanted you to know we were lifting Elizabeth and your family up in prayer. We have been back at the hospital with Lottie this week too. So we have a fresh perspective on what a trying experience it can be. Praying for supernatural strength for you emotionally and physically as you care for her and your family.
Love,
Shannon
Post a Comment