Monday, July 14, 2008

JUST A QUICK UPDATE

Just a quick post to let y'all know we are safely, albeit temporarily :), moved into my parents' house. The move went fairly smooth. We had the 2 storage units delivered last Monday and John and I loaded up a few things throughout the week..but the main loading happened on Thursday and Friday. John loaded up 1 whole unit ALL BY HIMSELF between Thursday and Friday. I'm so impressed with him! He worked SO hard to get as much done on his own as he could -so that when our friends came to help, they wouldn't have much to do.

We ended up having 6 guys plus John on Friday night to finish loading....they started around 6pm and were done by 8pm...and that included 2 of the guys (my dad and brother-in-law) loading up the back of John's truck with wood chips from our play area!

John and I spent Saturday doing all the last minute stuff -he did the yard work and I super-cleaned the house. We took the kids back last night (Sunday) so we could have one last look around and so they could say "good bye" to their house. We thought it was important they see it empty and "just a house" because they've kept asking "when are we going home?!" Our answer has consistently been "this isn't our home anymore -we are waiting for God to give us a new home"...I don't remember exactly how the moment went, but Rebecca said something about leaving our home and Andrew said "Becca, this isn't our home anymore. We're going to stay at grandma and grandpa's until God gives us a new home to play in!". It was neat to see that he got it.

On the "new house" front, we are still waiting to hear back from the bank on our one offer...we submitted it the Tuesday before the 4th. oy vey! That seems like forever ago! We've also found a house we really like (though it's about 15 min. further away than we'd like to be)...we think we'll probably offer on it as well. It's a 2 year old home that's never been lived in...the builder went out of business while in the process of building about 10 homes on this street. In fact, about 6 other homes on the same street, in the same situation as the one we like, will be going into foreclosure by the end of this month. Can you imagine your whole street in foreclosure?! It's a CRAZY time in the market right now!

That's it from here. Andrew and Becca have 2 more weeks of swim lessons starting today-semi private lesssons this time around -meaning no more than 3 kids in a class and it will be twice as long -so almost an hour. I'm actually pretty excited to see how they do. Both have progressed so much this summer, I'm hoping this final session of lessons will really help them be comfortable with the concept of swimming.

Hopefully I'll have some pics to post soon....and maybe some good news about us finally having a home! :)

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Glad you are settled in temporarily! I loved how you explained to the kids, "this house is empty, it's not our home anymore, we are waiting for God to give us a new home." Isn't that what we are all doing? This life, this home on earth is not our real home. Our heavenly Father is preparing the ULTIMATE dream home for us in heaven and while this time on earth is temporary, we will have eternity with Him!

Keep on keeping on my friend, He'll provide that new home for you. Just keep waiting and seeking Him!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

You "sound" less stressed. I hope that's the case! :D I'm glad you posted. I've been wondering. Still praying.

~Lynn

Anonymous said...

Yay! The hardest part of the move is behind you now! Hopefully you can relax just a bit!

I, too, loved how you explained your move to the kids. You are an awesome mom, Jeanette!

Praying that the house God has for you is shown to you VERY soon!

Thanks for the update.

Pam

Lexie said...

So glad to hear that y'all are doing good so far! Sounds like a lot of work.

Praying that y'all find the perfect house for y'all...and SOON!

Thanks for the comment...we are SO eXcItEd!!

Lexie

Davene said...

That's a great idea to take your kids back to the empty house to say goodbye. And isn't it fun to hear how our kids process things and then help each other out? Good for Andrew!

 

  © Blog Design by Blogs For BabiesClick Here for your new Design! 2007

Back to TOP