John took this of me and Elizabeth while we were on vacation.
We left for vacation knowing Elizabeth was struggling with insecurity (triggered, we think, by my back injury preventing me from being able to interact with her in all the ways we have in the past)....so I did my best to step up the attachment games/therapy ideas while we were away from home.
The first 30 seconds is just another fun way we've found to foster eye contact. :)
The 2nd part of the video might be difficult to see/understand. I'm hiding a little fuzzy "pom pom" ball. The idea is to hide most of the ball with just a little sticking out and for Elizabeth to find it. This helps with the idea of permanence....that the WHOLE ball is still there even if you just see a tiny bit of it. Elizabeth has always done well with this game...but since she was struggling w/insecurity for a bit, I went ahead and played it.
P.S ~Pardon our looks! :) It was after dinner and we all had already had showers...thus, Andrew in his box*ers and me w/o makeup. :)
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
2 ATTACHMENT GAMES on VIDEO
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
can I just say I love Andrew's laugh?! :)
That was a very adorable laugh. There's nothing more precious than the laughter of a baby or child.
Oh, you're doing so great with Elizabeth! Way to go!!! On vacation and with back injury too. Still praying for healing, my Friend! Hugs :-)
Jeanette,
Thank you for posting this. We are still working on getting attachment therapy for our little one...your encouragement and example is so helpful!
Post a Comment