Monday, August 3, 2009

SISTERS, HOMESCHOOLING, RILEY GRACE

the girls were begging for a bath over a shower the other day --they had the bestest time playing in the bubbles

aren't they cute? :)

I caught Becca reading the other day -just sitting by herself in the quietness of the front room.

the girls are working on Starfall . We have our office computer and then our old computer set up in our "school room" -and the kids are allowed to play Starfall, Nick Jr. or Disney Princesses :)

Starfall is a GREAT tool for any of you that have kids ages 2 on up. Elizabeth has done SO well learning her letters just by playing on Starfall. When I do school, I'm often looking for things for Elizabeth to do while I'm teaching the other 2. Now, when she is done with her work, her "assignment" is to go play on Starfall and learn her letters.

She BEGS to do Starfall all the time. ALL the time!









and speaking of school......our big box of books arrived on Saturday. :)
I ordered a portion of curriculum for the kids from Winter Promise called Animals and Their Worlds. The kids (and me too!) have been anxiously awaiting this program....it's SO right up their alley -learning all about animals.

I didn't really need a curriculum for them this year with both Andrew and Becca only being in Kindergarten...but I've really struggled with trying to find a way to include Elizabeth in what we are learning. She sooooo wants to be a part of school and to be like her big brother and sister.

We decided it was worth the investment to buy some of this curriculum in order to simplify my life as a homeschooling mom and to be able to encourage all 3 kids in learning.

Andrew had his face in a book from about 2pm 'till bedtime minus an hour for swimming and an hour for dinner. :) I'm SOO excited to start this program!






and...the best part of our weekend was getting to see Riley Grace.

She is the new daughter of our friends Dave and Sheri.

as most of you know, Becca is obsessed with babies, and so she has been praying for Riley Grace since the day we knew she was born. :)

We knew the kids wouldn't be able to see Riley face to face (she was 7.5 weeks early -born 21 days ago) but asked Dave and Sheri if we couldn't bring them to look at her thru the NICU window...and they said we could.


here they are waiting to see her......


there she is!!!!!

Becca had to really contain herself -she was on the verge of squealing with delight.



she is so perfectly tiny.


And the best news -she got to come home today.


She has defied quite a bit of odds already in her little life -and we cannot wait to watch her grow up. :)

Dave, Sheri, and Riley -we love you guys sooo much!










8 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

We LOVE starfall and pbskids.org.

Catherine said...

Oh what a beautiful baby girl! So happy she was able to come home today!

It's precious to see the little ones enjoying reading so much!

Jeanette said...

Alex's teacher reccommended Starfall as well last year and he loves it! Great pictures...I especially love the one of Becca reading in a quiet place. Don't we all need that now and then?!

Jill said...

Love all the new pics! I'll have to check out Starfall, though I only have the laptop with the broken screen hinges and M's been taught over and over not to touch it. =p Thanks for passing that on - hadn't heard of it.

Wendy said...

We love starfall over here too! Kaylynn would play it all day long if I'd let her.

Cara said...

Cute pics! We like Starfall too. The girls also love pbskids and Madelyn recently discovered the American girl website.

Miss you! Our emails that is. :) I'll send you one soon.

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I bet that Becca was overjoyed to see a baby right in the hospital! How cool!

I'm all for simplifying my life so I'd say it was WELL worth the money to make things easier for you with homeschooling. By the way...I really like your sectional sofa. I miss ours since it was put in the basement.

~Lynn

a Tonggu Momma said...

While I am goofing off right at this very moment, the Tongginator *blush* is playing Starfall.

 

  © Blog Design by Blogs For BabiesClick Here for your new Design! 2007

Back to TOP