Saturday, January 23, 2010

FUN TIMES CLEARING THE TREE

today the weather finally stayed clear enough for John and my dad to clear away the fallen tree in our front yard.
To say Andrew had a BLAST "helping" is an understatement. The girls thought it was pretty fun too -but this was the best fun Andrew had had in a long time! :)

climbing the tree and playing in all the branches before the cutting began







you may have noticed Rebecca absent from the above pics. That's cuz minutes after Grandpa arrived, our dog Lucy accidentally knocked Becca down on the driveway (Lucy was SO excited to see Grandpa AND to be out front). Becca apparently hit her head pretty hard on the cement.

we iced her sweet head and I gave her some ty*len*l and just sat by her for nearly an hour.
I looked up "head injuries" and "concussion" on the internet of course to make sure I knew what to look for in case we needed to run her to the ER.

She had a pretty bad headache from what I could gather and I eventually found her curled up on our front couch -she was trying to watch everyone outside but ended up falling asleep (don't worry...the internet said she could sleep as long as I kept an eye on her and she showed no other "bad" signs of a concussion!).
She woke after about 45 minutes and felt much better the rest of the day -PRAISE GOD!



Andrew helping to lope off some branches
Elizabeth supervising!

She eventually got a smaller pair of clippers and was "helping" too. :)


tree is almost cleared and it became a "bouncing log". :)

see these? these are some of the huge roots my dad and John had to dig up.
I kept John's legs in the pic so you could see how big those dumb roots were!! some were nearly as big as the trunk!


I'm sure my dad and John will be quite sore tomorrow from working for nearly 8 hours clearing the tree....but it had to be done.

Thank you dad for all of your help!

Now we get to figure out what to plant in the bare spot in our yard!! Our HOA is VERY particular so it's not like we have alot of choices...but it'll still be fun to pick out a tree we want. :)



7 comments:

Shana said...

That pic of Becca curled up on the couch just breaks my heart. I'm glad she's okay.

a Tonggu Momma said...

They look like they all had so much fun! (Well, except for poor Becca. Glad the nap helped!) Brings back memories when I was little... we once played in a downed tree, pretending we were the Swiss Family Robinson. It took two or three days before our new playhouse disappeared.

Jeanette said...

Looks like a busy (and fun) day! So sorry Becca got hurt but I'm happy she's better, poor baby! My boys would have loved to help chop up the tree...they always love helping Jeff do stuff like that in the yard!

Anonymous said...

Poor Becca! I love picture of miss E. in the bush. Too cute. Katrina

Robin said...

WOW.. that was really close! :0(

Karen said...

You should have called Casey. There is nothing he loves more than tree trimming and removal. He would have loved to have hung out with Andrew watching! You could have charged admission:)

Pam said...

Who ever knew that taking down a tree could be such fun!

 

  © Blog Design by Blogs For BabiesClick Here for your new Design! 2007

Back to TOP