She LOVES having 1 on 1 time with John and I, so I thought she'd LOVE spending the morning with just me.
nope. I thought wrong.
When we dropped Andrew and Becca off at grandma's and Elizabeth realized she wasn't going with them, she began to cry.
not an angry cry.
not a pouty or fake cry.
this was a genuine, "I'm so sad" cry.
My mom and I were both surprised! We wouldn't have guessed this kind of reaction from her....ever!
I even told her "Elizabeth, you and I are going to get to do something special and spend the WHOLE morning together..just you and mommy".
she replied, "no go with mommy..go with them".
I felt so bad for her. poor little girl!
I held her and she just sobbed...big ole tears streaming down her little face.
There is a St*rbucks close to my parents so we drove over there and I got her a milk and donut and we sat and read some books together.
She must have asked me 8 times in that first hour "where Andoo and Becca?"
By the end of our little time at St*rbucks she had perked up and was doing better so we ran some errands together. Amazing how much faster errand-running goes with just 1 child in tow instead of 3! :)
She was super happy to have them come home, just 3 hours after leaving...but to her, it was an eternity without her brother and sister. :)
I held her and she just sobbed...big ole tears streaming down her little face.
There is a St*rbucks close to my parents so we drove over there and I got her a milk and donut and we sat and read some books together.
She must have asked me 8 times in that first hour "where Andoo and Becca?"
By the end of our little time at St*rbucks she had perked up and was doing better so we ran some errands together. Amazing how much faster errand-running goes with just 1 child in tow instead of 3! :)
She was super happy to have them come home, just 3 hours after leaving...but to her, it was an eternity without her brother and sister. :)
11 comments:
Jeanette ~ I've longed for this for years - watching that kind of sibling love. Thanks for giving me a peek so that I have more to look forward to! :)
Soooo sweet! And I love those photos of E. Those pink boots are just too cute!
Oh, that is precious! And she is rockin' those boots...fabulous!!!
Awwww. even though you were sad that she was upset.. how your heart must have burst knowing she loves her bubby and sissy so very much to want to be with them all the time! :0)
Sweet pics too. Your little E is getting so big.
Thank you for this post. I've been concerned about the bonding between my kids after Sydney comes home. This gives me hope of what is to come! Starbucks helps everyone feel better!
Elizabeth, you are so pretty...and I love your little pink boots! Alaina had a pair last year and she loved those boots.
Poor thing, at least you knwo she loves them like crazy.
I still can't get over how beautiful E is in every picture she takes.
This reminds me so much of a similar incident with my second son. Knowing how much my firstborn craves/needs individual time with me or my husband, I assumed the same would be true for our second. Not so much. I learned a lesson that day! :)
Little Miss Elizabeth is adorable!
Awww, that's so sweet that she missed "Andoo" and Becca! M has those same boots, though she didn't seem too thrilled when I had her try them on. We'll see if she wears them. ;) E looks like she was having fun at St*rbucks, though. Glad you got some mommy/daughter time despite the tears.
Elizabeth,
Those are some SERIOUS boots! I'll be you can get some serious attitude strutting around in those.
Your Mommy loves you and it sure looks like the 2 of you had a good time. You are a sweetie!
That is so cute! Jeane and Adam feel the same. they feel like they're being left out if they don't get to do something with the other kids. So what I feel is a big treat to them is actually a punishment! Too funny!
Post a Comment