just a quick break from our referral fun to brag about Andrew.
We signed him up for flag football and his first game was yesterday.
The league he is playing in stresses sportsmanship over winning and I don't think they even really keep score at his level (ages 4-6).
It was much like you would think -little boys running all over the field trying to pull the flags, but it was still fun to watch. :)
Andrew's coach seems like an awesome guy -probably the best coach he's had yet. He did an GREAT job of constantly rotating the kids so they'd have equal time to play.
The league he is playing in stresses sportsmanship over winning and I don't think they even really keep score at his level (ages 4-6).
It was much like you would think -little boys running all over the field trying to pull the flags, but it was still fun to watch. :)
Andrew's coach seems like an awesome guy -probably the best coach he's had yet. He did an GREAT job of constantly rotating the kids so they'd have equal time to play.
we were SO proud of Andrew. He did a great job of hustling. At one point a kid on the other team had a break-away run and Andrew caught up to him and dove to get his flag and missed...Andrew got right back up and ran as hard as he could to catch back up to the kid. Of course he couldn't catch him but we were so proud of him for hustling like that. He NEVER did that in soccer.
He told me he LOVED playing football cuz it's his favorite sport...that and hockey. Being that we live in the desert and paying for ice time is REALLY expensive, I think we'll keep encouraging the love of football. :)
He told me he LOVED playing football cuz it's his favorite sport...that and hockey. Being that we live in the desert and paying for ice time is REALLY expensive, I think we'll keep encouraging the love of football. :)
1 comment:
Oh how adorable. It will be fun to watch him play. I'm not willing time to pass quickly, but I do look forward to seeing my boys playing in sports like that too. :)
Post a Comment