Tuesday, January 12, 2010

OUR NEWS~THE FULL SECRET REVEALED

I'm sorry to have dragged this out so long...I didn't expect so many people to participate -but I also wanted to wait until after our pediatrician had reviewed their files to make the final announcement.

We have just signed the referral acceptance for 2 brothers in Ethiopia.

They are 5 1/2 and 12 1/2 years old.

Andrew is getting "a brother just like me and an older brother". :)

Due to restrictions, we can't post pictures or give too many details until we pass court in Ethiopia (which will hopefully be sometime in March)...but suffice it to say they are handsome. :) I can't even use their full names here on the blog so I'll use their first initials. :)

In one of the earlier posts I mentioned once I went back and read their bios on the waiting child site I thought "how could I have missed this?!". That night in November, when I has asked our director if they had any older children paper-ready...I was specifically thinking we could adopt a baby/toddler boy or girl and then maybe a boy between the ages of 4 -6.

That was what I was thinking. God knew otherwise. :)

The director mentioned that since YWAM was opening up 3 new orphan homes, she was sure an older boy in that age range would become available sometime soon...but the only boy they currently had paper-ready between 4 and 6 was little "B", but he had an older brother.

I read the post about them on the Waiting Child list again that night anyway. I had read it a few times before and I had prayed over the boys because they had been on the list for quite some time....I remember thinking "they sound like amazing boys." I had prayed God would lay them on a family's heart.

Guess I was praying for us!

I remember VERY clearly that night reading their bio again...and weeping. The bio on "B" the 5 yr old could have been written about Andrew. Of course it's a very basic bio...but I was surprised that I had missed that before.

Then I read the bio on our 12 yr old, "E". That's when the tears really started to fall. It described what he liked to do and what he wanted to be when he grew up. I remember thinking "John would be the perfect father for this young man".

I immediately emailed John at work, cuz he was asleep in the next room and I wanted him to see this first thing in the morning!

We talked the next day and we agreed to pray on it.

I think I knew that first night that we were to adopt these boys...but I didn't want our decision to be based on emotions.

so we prayed.

we naturally had some concerns with adopting boys this age. God knew this so He had already prepared the way......we were able to speak to 3 different people who had spent time with the boys.

then we prayed some more.

The more we prayed, the more we knew we were to pursue E and B.

In later posts I'll probably go into more details and tell you more about them and our decision...but I'll stop for now. :)

Suffice it to say Andrew is pretty excited to be getting 2 brothers. Becca is on-board too and fully is aware that we are not bringing a baby home this time and VERY Ok with it. Elizabeth doesn't really understand what is happening but does know about the boys and will tell you she is getting brothers. :)


Please pray for us, that we would be prepared to bring these boys home....and that the boys would be comforted through all of the major transitions that are about to happen.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome news! I'm so happy for your whole family and for the boys you have loved for so long already!

Praying!

Chris M.

trina said...

Awww..what great news. Ya mean we have to wait until March to see pictures...oh my. :) I can't wait. Hope the process goes quickly and they are home before you know it.

Meliski said...

AWESOME! I saw these boys and I noticed earlier this month when they went off site! Congrats! We will see you Spokane this weekend!

Cara said...

So excited for all of you! I will be praying for the boys and all of you!

Katrina said...

I am so so happy for all of you. It is huge decision but God knows what he is doing... Can't wait to see them!!! Katrina

Pam said...

Whooo Hooo the secret is out and the news couldn't be better. SO excited for you, sweet friend. Your guys are so handsome! I cannot wait to see them home with their forever family! God is good.

Chris and Sarah said...

=) praying my friend and very excited for you!

Joy said...

We are so excited too! Jordan can't wait to have E for a cousin. He has been wanting a brother 8 or older, so a cousin is the next best thing. Oh wow, I just realized that in your family and in the grandkids now the boys will out number the girls for the first time! 4 Ethiopian boy cousins - what fun! And just think of the rich culture and memories that E can share with all us - Our God's plans are really so amazing!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Wow! If anybody can do it y'all can! Congratulations!

~Lynn

Shana said...

I am so happy for you guys. What a lucky couply of boys E and B are! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Ladyblog said...

Yay! Great news! I'm so glad you are faithful to your calling! Having adopted Elina at 4.5, I can say that it is easier to bond with a baby, BUT the bond I have with Elina is just as strong. It just takes a bit longer b/c you don't bathe, feed, diaper them.
Congratulations!

Jenn said...

WOW!!!! How exciting!!!!

Praying for you!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Oh! Wow! So excited for y'all. Can't wait to follow along on your journey - the whole of it!

Davene said...

This is wonderful! I'm so excited for all of you, especially for Andrew as he gets two special brothers! :)

Meliski said...

It was wonderful to meet you two this past weekend. You are a wonderful couple and I am so excited for the boys. Thanks for sharing some of your experience and insight.

Best of luck over the next few weeks and know that we are praying for your family!

Julie said...

Congratulations guys! They will be such a blessing to your family and you to them I am sure. We will be praying for you and that God would prepare their hearts as well.

 

  © Blog Design by Blogs For BabiesClick Here for your new Design! 2007

Back to TOP