Monday, June 7, 2010

OUR LIFE NOW

For the last few weeks I've been posting a few things to the blog just so we'd have record of them. Please, scroll down and see the updates I've done so you can catch up. :)



We are settling into a daily routine and gelling as a family ~praise God.

Biruk is adjusting fantabulously. It's not all rosy but overall, he is doing amazingly. His English is coming along well, he LOVES American food, is really kind and tenderhearted, and he is just a fun kid to be around. In Hebrew, Biruk means "blessing"..and that is exactly what he has been during these difficult last few weeks.



The most difficult part of our last few weeks has been some events that transpired with Eyob.

For our family's privacy, we are going to keep the details private....the world just doesn't need to know.

He is now with some friends of ours who are just cool, down to earth, AMAZING Christians. He is doing wonderfully with them. The 4 of us "parents" are doing everything we can to ensure Eyob is well taken care of and that he has a bright future here.

We ask for your prayers over this situation. God knows the details and He knows our hearts, He knows what we need and what Eyob needs.



Thanks for hanging in there with the blog being down for awhile and hopefully I can find time each week to post what we're doing. Being that it's over 110 here now, you can pretty much bet most days will be spent in the pool :)

9 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so glad your blog is back up! You remain in our prayers each night - M continues to remind me "Ee-o-pee-a" if I forget. Love you all!

Stacy said...

So glad your back on the blog. I've missed reading about your sweet family and didn't have a chance to let you know that I wanted to continue following your family. I am praying for you all! Our recently adopted son from China has bilateral microtia and my sister-in-law and husband are in the process of adopting a sibling group of 4 from Ethiopia.

Jeanette said...

It was so great to go back and read over your last few posts. I am happy you are back in the blogging world but completely understand your need for a break. We continue to keep your family in our prayers, praying especially for Biruk and his bonding with you all as well as Eyob and his transition into the family that can best parent him. I know it's not been an easy road but I praise God for lifting you up and guiding you each and every day. Love you my friend!

Davene said...

I remember thinking, when I first heard Biruk's name, that it means blessing...and I'm thrilled that he's been that for you during the past few weeks!

Thanks for taking the time to blog again. You certainly have lots of individuals out here in the world of blogging who care about you! :)

Nancy said...

It's so good to hear from you again. I've kept your family in my prayers and am so glad you are back!

Cara said...

Glad to see you back! Loved all the pictures. Will continue to pray for you all!

Pam said...

SO glad you are back to blogging, Jeanette. Biruk seems to be settling in with his new family without missing a beat. He's got a beauful smiles and is such a sweet boy! I love seeing those 4 together~ so close in age and so sweet! Praying for Eyob and the family he's with and of course for you as well. You have traveled this road with such Grace and courage.

Jenn said...

It has been WAY too long since I have checked up on you!! Praying for you and your family! I know that the Lord is directing your hearts and you are listening. Continue to trust in Him!

Hugs,
Jenn

Andrea Hill said...

I just realized our sons have the same name. I love that name so much and never wanted to change it. Glad everyone is settling in and Biruk likes American food. That sure helps.

 

  © Blog Design by Blogs For BabiesClick Here for your new Design! 2007

Back to TOP