we got home Thursday afternoon from nearly a week in California visiting family and friends.
What a GREAT way to get out of the desert heat and enjoy some time away.
Over the next few days I'll update the blog cuz I have a TON of pics to post!!
First stop, Indio/Palm Springs where we were blessed to be able to meet our YWAM Adoption Ministry Director, Joy!
Her family was vacationing there and when I found out they'd still be there while we were driving through, I asked if we could stop by and say hi ~and finally meet!
First stop, Indio/Palm Springs where we were blessed to be able to meet our YWAM Adoption Ministry Director, Joy!
Her family was vacationing there and when I found out they'd still be there while we were driving through, I asked if we could stop by and say hi ~and finally meet!
Then on to John's sister's house where we stayed for 3 days.
Saturday was a long but FUN day.
It started out at the beach ~and boy was it COLD!!!!
But the kids still had a blast playing in the sand and it was fun to watch Biruk enjoy the beach for the first time.
our SWEET niece Jessica and Elizabeth all bundled up to stay warm!
the boys running from the COLD water!
look at that smile!
I like this pic cuz in the foreground is John, Becca, and Biruk, and out in the water is Andrew


Becca all bundled up with Auntie Paula









Becca making a sand angel

When we were in ET picking up the boys, we met a family VERY similar to ours ~they had 3 kids at home the same ages as our 3, they had adopted a 14 yr old girl and were there to pick up a 4.5 yr old boy. The 14 yr old girl and Eyob hit it off as they were the only older kids in our travel group and their 4.5 yr old boy was one of Biruk's best buddies.
It just happens that this family lives pretty close to John's sister...so they met us at the beach and then later we went to a mall to hang out and let the kids play.
What a blessing it was to just hang out with this family! ~I'm sure we were quite the sight at the mall though! :)
But the kids still had a blast playing in the sand and it was fun to watch Biruk enjoy the beach for the first time.
Becca making a sand angel
When we were in ET picking up the boys, we met a family VERY similar to ours ~they had 3 kids at home the same ages as our 3, they had adopted a 14 yr old girl and were there to pick up a 4.5 yr old boy. The 14 yr old girl and Eyob hit it off as they were the only older kids in our travel group and their 4.5 yr old boy was one of Biruk's best buddies.
It just happens that this family lives pretty close to John's sister...so they met us at the beach and then later we went to a mall to hang out and let the kids play.
What a blessing it was to just hang out with this family! ~I'm sure we were quite the sight at the mall though! :)
Next up ~July 4th pics!
2 comments:
How is Eyob doing? Is he going to be adopted by your friends? How are the boys doing apart?
Hey - I like the new look of the blog. Your pics are great and it looks like everyone had so much fun. I'm anxious to take our boys to the beach one of these days.
Post a Comment