For a small fee, I belong to a group that helps me make the most of bargain shopping at the grocery store. The idea is to stock up on items you use when they are on sale AND you have a coupon..making them free or very close to free. :)
I almost always save at least 50% on our grocery bill..the usual is about 60% .
one of our local grocery stores is having a huge ole sale right now and I had coupons for nearly everything on sale. our grocery stores here will double any coupon up to $1..and they will double 3 like coupons...so I usually get 3 of each item that I have a coupon for (which means I get 3 Sunday papers so I get 3 sets of coupons each week)...thereby stocking up my pantry and freezer.
Today I spent $24 and saved $84. that's a 77% savings. yahoooo!
for that $24 I got:
1 dozen eggs
1 bunch of grapes
3 name brand coffee creamers
3 name brand apple juices
2 name brand orange juices
5 boxes of name brand granola bars
3 boxes of another name brand granola bar
3 bags of name brand snack mix
6 cans of name brand chili
3 bottles of name brand Ranch dressing (these were FREE!)
2 bottles name brand hot sauce
3 boxes of name brand tissues
1 bag of name brand potato chips
I'm pretty excited! :) I still have more coupons to use so will need to make at least one more trip to the store. :)
8 comments:
Fabulous! Last week I saved $194 in ONE trip!!! The lady behind me in line called me her hero!
Good for you! That's fantastic!
That's amazing! I've tried coupons but end up forgetting to use them! We shop at Aldi which is a huge help for us.
~Lynn
Way to go! I love coupons....
I need lessons. I never do that well!
That is great!!! I love coupons, but don't do anywhere near that good!!
I tried Jeanette's plan after we visited last year but honestly, it was to much work for me. I'm just NOT that organized. I wish I was though.. you two are awesome at saving when it comes to grocerys
ps.. Happy New Year!
How do you do it ? I would love to try :)
Post a Comment