Saturday, February 14, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINGER-& DRESS UP PICS

Happy 1st Birthday to our bunny Ginger! :)

My how she has grown! :)

I think it's kinda neat she was born on Valentine's Day- Helps us to remember her special day.

We had to go get food for her anyway today, and so the kids asked if we could get her presents...Elizabeth chose a little treat thingy, and Andrew and Becca both chose little toys. Yes, I guess they make bunny toys! one is a chewy key chain and the other is a plastic carrot "rattle". She actually really likes the rattle. Who knew?!


This afternoon we had a dress-up Valentine's Day party to attend. Andrew wasn't into having a photo shoot, but the girls were, especially Elizabeth. :)

I've been a bit emotional lately anyway, but I had to hold back tears today as I did Elizabeth's hair and put her little crown on. She always says "I so pretty" whenever she dresses up so it wasn't anything new when she said "mama, I so pretty today"...but for some reason it really got to me.

I highly doubt she would have ever had the opportunity to dress up as a princess, let alone FEEL and KNOW she is pretty, had she grown up in the orphanage. It was a surreal moment, looking at her admiring herself and me just standing back watching....and realizing that God was allowing me to witness a moment of her life that might not have ever happened had He not put her in our family.

And as she hopped down off the step stool and bounced away she exclaimed "I so coot (cute)! " :)

enough chatting -here are some of the photos from today.







I know I'm biased, but she is so photogenic...and beautiful!

her cheerful personality is so clearly seen in today's pictures-at least in my opinion!


she just LOOKS like a cheerleader doesn't she?!

sisters

we truly doubted this day would EVER come.

seriously.

the day when they actually LOVED each other and not just tolerated one another.

When we first brought Elizabeth home, she and Andrew got along the best..and Becca and Elizabeth were constantly at odds.

It has probably been about a month or so now that we have really noticed how close Becca and Elizabeth have grown. And now it's Andrew with a much shorter fuse with her. He is still sweet to her most of the time, but it's clear he gets annoyed with her much easier now too.

I think this is my favorite I've ever taken of the 2 of them. :)

9 comments:

Robin said...

What sweet pictures. I LOVE that last one of the two girls together. They look like best friends. :0) Can't you see that same pose about 13-15 years from now... homecoming and prom. (all dressed up) You'll have to take the same pose and remember this post to compare them to. :0)

awaitingmissemily said...

Happy Birthday Ginger. What a lucky bunny you are!!

Goes On Runs said...

absolutely too cute!!! they are both beautiful girls...growing and flourishing under the care and love of parents who adore them and dote on them as our Father does upon us.

Jill said...

Both pics where the girls look like they're curtseying are my faves. Too cute! And yes, Becca really does look like she'd be the cheerleader. ;) By the way...how well does raising a bunny go? I'll have to e- you on that one...

Katrina said...

They look so cute together. You are right Elizabeth is very beautiful They both are. Have a great day!!! KJ

Cara said...

Such cute pictures! I love the last one with the girls together!

Anonymous said...

Great photos, Jeanette! Yes, Elizabeth, you are sooooo coot! And Becca does look the little cheerleader! And the last photo is FABULOUS! I am so glad to hear that the sisters LOVE eachother.

Pam

Jeanette said...

Amazing pictures of your girls! Thank you for sharing your heart and the tender moment you had with Elizabeth playing dress up. Yes, she is so pretty! I agree, I love the last picture of them together...priceless!

Jenn said...

Oh....I love those pictures of the girls!! Soooo sweet!! You will treasure those forever!!!

Hugs,
Jenn

 

  © Blog Design by Blogs For BabiesClick Here for your new Design! 2007

Back to TOP