Monday, February 16, 2009

I MISS MY HUBBY!

**UPDATE**

I heard from him at 5pm and they were stuck at the border...it's 7pm and I just spoke with him again...they're still stuck at the border -and have been now for nearly 3 hours. they move about 3 car lengths every 30 minutes.

if you're reading this -would you please pray the line speeds up and they get home quickly? but more importantly -safely! they're now expected home between midnight and 1am. :(

********************************************************

I keep waiting for the phone to ring.

It should.

Any minute now.

And it should be John telling me he's on his way home.

The last time I saw him was 5am Saturday morning and the last time he called was 9:30 the same morning.

He's been on a missions trip with our church down in Mexico where there is no cell phone service and of course no internet. A group of about 25 folks are building a home for a family who has no home. They were to arrive on the job site at noon on Saturday, work all afternoon Saturday, all day Sunday, and put the last bit of stucco on this morning. ALOT of work in a very short time.

As soon as he crosses the border he will have phone service and is supposed to call so we know to expect him in about 4 hours.

We have all missed him.

ALOT.

I appreciate him when he's home cuz he's such a good dady and husband, but with him being gone 3 full days, I can say I REALLY appreciate all he does around here.

It has been tough being a single mom!

We've been separated for much longer periods in our marriage, but we've always been able to contact each other. This no contact thing is terrible! :)

I'm SO ready for him to get home.

ring phone ring!!!!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Praying John and the rest of the team make it home ASAP!!! I hate being home alone when Jeff is away, you are right, we appreciate them so much when they are gone. Keep us updated!

Davene said...

When Jeff was in Israel last summer on an outreach trip, I learned again how GOOD it is to have a husband to lean on. There's nothing like a little absence to make the heart grow fonder!

I'm glad that you've heard from John, and I will pray that the line speeds up and that they are granted favor in the border crossing and safety all the way HOME!!!

 

  © Blog Design by Blogs For BabiesClick Here for your new Design! 2007

Back to TOP