Often times in the past, Laura has posted some of her family's favorite recipes. I had tried a couple and they were hits here at our family....so when she decided to put together a little cookbook I knew I'd have to get it. :)
Right now, her family cookbook is an "ebook" -and it's only $7! And let me tell you -it's worth every penny of those $7!!! I have made about 5 or 6 of the recipes in the last 3 weeks -all to raving reviews and empty plates!
If you want to see a sampling of her recipes or go ahead and purchase the ebook, follow THIS LINK . To try a few of the recipes -just go to the blog and scroll down to Labels on the left side..and 4 down is "recipes"...follow that link and you'll have a few recipes to try. :)
Here is what she says about The Mouro Family Cookbook:
There are one hundred and forty recipes included in this cook book that are our family's favorites. Each of these recipes, collected over the years from family and friends, and much trial and error, is tried and true, passing the taste-test of six little palettes and one hungry husband. These recipes are not only healthy (most of them ;), but they are also economical for the family with many mouths to feed. We hope you enjoy this cookbook! Food is so instrumental in creating memories . . . from mom's meatloaf to grandma's cookies. Let our family's favorites become yours.
This really has been the best $7 I've spent in awhile! I was starting to feel "in a rut" with cooking..you know, cooking the same recipes over and over..just rotating them around. The fact that these are "kid and husband tested and approved" recipes was a huge selling point for me....along with the fact that these really are very economical recipes to make.
If you get the ebook-you HAVE TO try the Bean Cakes. I have no idea why I even tried them cuz truthfully, the recipe does not look appetizing..but in the little blurb above the recipe, Laura mentions that she too was skeptical, but that they have become a family fave. They are basically vegetarian chick*en pa*rmigians. My kids and John LOVED them...then my mom made them for my sister's kids..and they enjoyed them too. And you know what?! I figured out the whole meal, from the Bean Cakes to the sauce and cheese, to the veggies I added to our meal...the whole dinner cost us $5 total....that fed our family of 5 with leftovers for 1 lunch for John. that's pretty darn good!
***Because it's an ebook -this is what I did- I just printed all the recipes out and put them in those page protectors and then into a little notebook. now I have a wonderful little cookbook put together. :) ***
3 comments:
I totally trust your judgement (:D) so I'm going to buy it. I'm glad to read that they are mostly healthy. And cheap is ALWAYS good!
~Lynn
Thanks for sharing. Here are two sites that I am enjoying too...
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
and
http://www.5dollardinners.com/blog
I could have sworn that you led me to the first site, but now I'm not sure. I love them both and have tried a few things so far. I will take a look at the ebook because I trust your judgement too!
Thanks
I'll have to try it too. Thanks for the post.
Post a Comment