yep-we're still here...just incredibly busy! :)
I never did get the rest of Becca's b-day pics up-I'll try to get a post of them up one day so family can see. :)
We've had incredibly beautiful weather so are trying to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible, all while getting everything else done!
Last weekend we joined a friend of ours for a Japanese Children's Day (pics below), with kite flying and Koi feeding. The kids are now addicted to kite flying!
Tuesday we had our first appointment with an adoption attachment counselor for Elizabeth-that is a whole 'nother post in and of itself. Nothing horrible is going on-we just wanted to seek help now with some of her issues before they grow into bigger issues...and to be able to learn some tools to help her and help us better manage the tougher times we go thru.
I've debated whether to even share that we started this with her, but I know other families HAVE TO be going thru some of what we are and if some of what we are learning can help someone else, then I want to share-with discretion of course so as not to embarrass Elizabeth.
I think it's easy in blog-land to put on the appearance that everything is hunky-dorey in your world...that you have it all together, that your kids are always pleasant and cute....but reality, at least in our world, is that that is simply not true. :)
So-all that is to say, keep an eye out for an attachment post in the next week or so. The counselor gave us a few great ideas -ideas that I SO wish we had known about 17 months ago because things might be a bit different now.
AND.....on top of everything else, we are having a garage sale next weekend. Our school room is covered with boxes of things I need to sort thru, things I've already sorted thru and are selling, things I need to put away...and 1 of the stalls of our garage is 1/2 full of larger items. We're praying for good weather next weekend and lots of traffic so we can A)make a little money and B)get rid of some of these things! :) enough chatter...here are some pics from our last week.
I never did get the rest of Becca's b-day pics up-I'll try to get a post of them up one day so family can see. :)
We've had incredibly beautiful weather so are trying to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible, all while getting everything else done!
Last weekend we joined a friend of ours for a Japanese Children's Day (pics below), with kite flying and Koi feeding. The kids are now addicted to kite flying!
Tuesday we had our first appointment with an adoption attachment counselor for Elizabeth-that is a whole 'nother post in and of itself. Nothing horrible is going on-we just wanted to seek help now with some of her issues before they grow into bigger issues...and to be able to learn some tools to help her and help us better manage the tougher times we go thru.
I've debated whether to even share that we started this with her, but I know other families HAVE TO be going thru some of what we are and if some of what we are learning can help someone else, then I want to share-with discretion of course so as not to embarrass Elizabeth.
I think it's easy in blog-land to put on the appearance that everything is hunky-dorey in your world...that you have it all together, that your kids are always pleasant and cute....but reality, at least in our world, is that that is simply not true. :)
So-all that is to say, keep an eye out for an attachment post in the next week or so. The counselor gave us a few great ideas -ideas that I SO wish we had known about 17 months ago because things might be a bit different now.
AND.....on top of everything else, we are having a garage sale next weekend. Our school room is covered with boxes of things I need to sort thru, things I've already sorted thru and are selling, things I need to put away...and 1 of the stalls of our garage is 1/2 full of larger items. We're praying for good weather next weekend and lots of traffic so we can A)make a little money and B)get rid of some of these things! :) enough chatter...here are some pics from our last week.
the girls have a few things from Livi Lu and they LOVE them.
Above is a pic of the girls in their "sassy pants" -though I think the official name of the pants are "boutique bottoms". :) Elizabeth is especially funny in them -she'll put them on and sway her hips and saunter around the house saying "I'm sassy! I'm so sassy!" :)
5 comments:
Love the pictures!!
Thank you so so SO much for the email you sent my mom about supporting me. You have no idea how this has blessed me!!
Thank you!
Lexie
Ha! We definitely don't have it all together at Tonggu House, either! You are NOT alone. (And I loved the photos.)
Love the pictures! Looks like you guys had fun.
You have such a beautiful family. Adoption is definately not for the faint hearted!!
Awww, that last picture is pure sweetness. :)
I'm looking forward to reading what you write about attachment. Though we haven't adopted (yet), there is tons of it in my family and I am always interested in learning more about it, possibly so that God will use us in that way in the future.
I can totally relate to what you wrote about things in Blogland seeming so wonderful when, in reality, everyone has "stuff" to deal with. I often struggle with the right balance on my blog of "whatsoever is lovely, think on these things" with, on the other hand, simply being open and honest and real.
Post a Comment