Monday, April 20, 2009

CLARIFICATION :)

I'm so sorry.
I didn't mean to sound secretive or leave ya'll hanging with what I meant by "future endeavors" or "future events" in the previous post.

I was trying to write the last post in a hurry and since we hadn't made a formal announcement or anything, I wasn't specific.
Let me just say -we have a couple irons in the fire right now, so prayers for guidance and direction for our family would be greatly appreciated. :)

As you might now suspect, one of those irons is another adoption.

And as you know, adoptions are quite expensive -so we are starting to raise some of the funds we'll need in order to start this exciting new journey for our family.

I won't bore you with the details now -will probably do so later :) - but after months of praying about it, we believe the Lord is leading us back to China, this time for a little boy from the SN list.

For many reasons, we are going to wait to really start the paper process until early next year. First and foremost, we want to make certain that we've had ample time to work with Elizabeth on the attachment issues she has. Honestly, she'd probably be ok if we started the process now and had a little brother for her by this time next year....but we just want to be certain she is properly attached and secure enough with us to handle a new sibling.

It took us 2 years to bring Elizabeth home, from the day we made the decision to adopt to the day we had her home. 2 years seemed like an eternity to have a child on the opposite side of the world!

I hoped I'd never have to go thru that again.

If things go as we think they will -we will be waiting 18mo-2 years again. :)

6 comments:

Robin said...

Very cool! I'll be saying some prayers for all of you.

Jill said...

Of course you know I'm already excited for you! (And wish I was alongside ya' in the journey again...but guess I'll just have to be a cheering section for you this time. :)

Catherine said...

Congratulations!! what an exciting time for your family!!

Katrina said...

I will follow your journey again!!! We are with you wishing you the best!!! KJ

mama bird said...

That is fantastic! We will be praying for both the adoption plans and Elizabeth's continued success in attaching to your precious family!

Don and Be said...

O God, thank you for this wonderful family and their hearts for adoption. Be with them and guide them each step of the way. Make clear Your paths and shine Your light for direction that all may be done in Your perfect timing. Thank you for Your miracle of adoption. Amen

 

  © Blog Design by Blogs For BabiesClick Here for your new Design! 2007

Back to TOP