Thursday, April 30, 2009

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS?


this is a sp*in cycle.

otherwise known as a "contraption of torture"!

I took my first sp*in class today at our gym.

anyone else out there crazy enough to get on this thing?! :)

We get 1 free personal tra*iner visit a month and my tra*iner suggested I start taking some of the classes they offer in order to change up my routine and hopefully kick up my metabolism so I can lose a few pounds and get leaner in the process.

John has taken sp*in classes before and they have been tough on him...and he's in GREAT cardio shape.

Needless to say, I was pretty nervous to take this class. :)

I got an amazing cardio and leg workout from this class today...and I didn't even go all out (I wasn't sure how hard it would be or how long it would last so instead of going 100% hard, I dialed it down to about 75%) :).

I can honestly say I'll take this class again...maybe every Thursday.

I'm going to be really sore tomorrow though. :) I can already feel my legs getting real tired and it's A) only been 2 hours since the class and B)only 1pm here...which means I have the whole rest of the day to get thru without collapsing!

moral of the story:
don't be afraid to take new classes -even if they scare the snot out of you!

5 comments:

keelstar said...

I used to take spin classes at our club and I LOVED them, although they were really difficult...great workout! I stopped taking the classes though when I realized they were not the right type of class for me...I was not wanting to lose weight and the class I took was too intense for me. If you're wanting to lose weight, then I think that a spin class is the best way to do it! Plus, it's so much fun when they have you spinning to music! I'm so proud of you for trying something new!

Cara said...

I took one spin class before and I really liked it. At our gym, they only offer them really early in the morning (6 am) or in the evening. I so want to get back to the gym. That is my goal this summer when our schedule slows down a bit!

C's Mom said...

I NEED something to scare the snot out of me. On the other hand, that just may kill me. :0)

Somewhere In The Sun said...

You go girl! Glad you pushed through the pain. You may just beat me this week!!

~Lynn

Keisha said...

I've seen these before... I'm so short .. I don't think my legs would be long enough! LOL!
Good for you though that you are working out!! You go girl!

 

  © Blog Design by Blogs For BabiesClick Here for your new Design! 2007

Back to TOP