Wednesday, April 15, 2009

HAPPY RE-ADOPTION DAY!

Today was our court hearing to officially "re-adopt" Elizabeth. I realize it's just a formality, but since it was free here in our state AND now Elizabeth can have a birth certificate that states US as her parents...no more carrying around her abandonment decree and adoption decree!...we decided to go thru the paperwork and proceedings. :)
my dad came along to take pics -but the state's attorney said she'd do it for us -SO nice! :)

John had to return to work so for a special surprise I took the kids out for donuts. They each had 4 mun*chk*ns..I had a couple of them too AND a coffee of course. :)

For dinner tonight I made M*ngolian Beef, jasmine rice and hot & sour soup- and it was super yummy!

When I told Elizabeth we were having "China food" because it was another "Elizabeth Day" she looked at me and said "for me, again?!" -it was pretty cute. :)

11 comments:

a Tonggu Momma said...

Congrats! What a special day! And - having just gone through kindergarten registration - can I just say that doing that will make it MUCH easier to enroll her when the time comes! :)

keelstar said...

Okay, seriously...how did I not know that today was E's special readoption day?? I even talked to you on the phone for 45 minutes and still didn't realize that I missed out on congratulating you guys on this final detail! Congratulations are now officially said! :) Keely

Jeanette said...

Oh happy day!!!! Congratulations!!!

Davene said...

That's wonderful! Congratulations!

Robin said...

So cool that your state does that for free! I've get to get a move on and get Maddy's done. It's not required but like you, I'd like to have a birth certificate that's easy to read and reproduce. I'd like to get Maddy passport when we renew ours again too.

CONGRATS!!

The Vinyards said...

Congrats! Your dinner sounds yummy!

awaitingmissemily said...

Congrats!! What a happy "Elizabeth Day!!"

Jill said...

Shame on you, you made me all misty! Even if it is a formality, it's still another milestone. :) Elizabeth just looks like she's beaming with pride in that picture (either that or she's just way too happy about those doughnuts! LOL). Congratulations! (and I like to learn about that beef recipe if it's not too terribly hard...or spicy! I never did actually get to try Mongolian beef..and I was in Inner Mongolia! =p)

Michelle said...

Oooops! We still haven't done this!

Don and Be said...

Ours comes up on May 25. Attourney says that readoptions are clumped in with uncontested divorce cases, so the attitude of the whole courtroom changes when a readoption comes up. Not free here in Florida tough - 1000+ Yikes! - and that's on the low side.
Blessings to you & your tribe.

mama bird said...

I love it! You had the same judge we did about two months ago! Congratulations. We are going down the same birth certificate/SS# path as you...we should celbrate with a playdate soon! ;)

 

  © Blog Design by Blogs For BabiesClick Here for your new Design! 2007

Back to TOP